The 2020 growing season has come with many challenges for all of us, including you our customers. We are hoping we can provide a little joy with some of our creations this spring, and we certainly need your continued support of our program and the VIC’s as well. With that being said, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we do have to put into place some changes designed for your safety, and the safety of the volunteers. This is a list of procedures we need to adhere to in order to be in compliance with the social distancing rules and mitigation policies for the State of Minnesota and Ramsey County. This is in line with the CDC rules and the Department of Agriculture rules for garden centers and nurseries as well.
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- We need to limit the number of people in a greenhouse to 10 at any given time. Your cooperation will be appreciated and we may need to ask you to wait. We also ask that you try to maintain the 6’ distance whenever possible.
- We are asking that families limit the number of family members shopping at one time. One or two adults per vehicle give us the opportunity to serve more customers in a timely fashion and decrease any potential wait time. We are asking to leave young children at home whenever possible for safety reasons.
- We will be offering more and larger outdoor shopping areas to help reduce customer density in the greenhouses themselves.
- Safety Precautions
- We encourage customers to bring and wear their own masks for their safety. Volunteers will be wearing masks. Due to shortages nationally, we cannot provide for customers
- We encourage the use of disposable gloves. These will be available if needed.
- We will have hand sanitizer stations available in multiple locations inside of greenhouses and around the sales shed.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the portable toilets as well.
- All carts will be disinfected between uses.
- Plant Sale Procedures
- We will be arranging the parking differently this year. Please follow and obey any parking directions that are in place. We will attempt to have volunteers helping with traffic direction. One entrance, one exit driveway
- We will be creating an order form that will be accessible on this site to place an order onsite and have it brought to your vehicle in as timely a fashion as possible.
- We will have one dedicated loading area for all purchases.
- We want to eliminate cash sales, less money handling. Debit, credit or check ONLY.
- We will increase the “signing limit” for debit cards to $75, up from $25, to help eliminate contacts
- Shopping Date & Times
- To make these new rules and changes easier to adapt to we are changing our hours and increasing the amount of time we will be open to help spread out customers, and hopefully making it easier and more convenient for you at the same time. We will be open weekdays for the first time ever May 4th through the 14th, and potentially longer.
- Our hours will be as follows:
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Friday - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday - 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- As of now, we intend to be open Memorial Day weekend as well; we will go as long as it is feasible for us or until we sell out!
Despite the trouble in the world, the growing season has been great to date! The plant material has never looked better. We will have plenty of huge, beautiful multi-color, multi-species hanging baskets, deck pots in many different sizes, and our largest selection of bedding plants in packs ever. Plus 100’s of customer favorites including our succulent gardens, herb gardens, premium flower pouches, as well as other “specialty items”. We will have a large selection of tomatoes, peppers, cole crops, and herbs. We will also have some premium Hosta’s in 4” pots this season as well as some pre-made pollinator gardens.
We look forward to serving you, and hope that the changes being made will not alter the joy you find in our plants.